Day two we went back into Epcot but this time we went to the world showcase. We were there during a garden festival of some kind and it was cool. Many characters were made up of plants like mater and lightning. These are two of Derek's favorite so I am not sure why he is hiding off to the side.
We had reservations at Akershus Palace that morning. We had to wait in line but it was not to long. The kids made it easy on us most of the time. I am blessed with really good kids.
Our first stop was a picture with Belle before we were seated.
The food was really good and it was buffet style so if the kids got something they didn't like I had no problem with them chosing something else. It was nice to see the princesses and not have to stand in line for them.
The rotation started with Sleeping Beauty. I didn't force Derek to be in these pictures. He was looking forward to so with Mickey not Princesses.
Cinderella came out a few minutes after. Derek didn't realize he was in this picture.
When Ariel came out Derek got a big smile on his face and told me she was his favorite. I asked him if he wanted to be in the picture and he was the first one up. So, Grandma Shepherd, Derek likes redheads.
We finished our yummy meal and went on the Maelstorm ride, after the ride we ran into a troll.
My kids never pass up a chance to dress up.
Now I know where they get it from.
We saw lots of characters in Epcot and Snow White and the Dwarfs were there too.
The last one we saw was Snow White. Derek said he liked her also but after we got home and Derek saw the pictures he told me he didn't like her anymore. He still likes Ariel though.
I am amazed at all the talent Disney holds. It was hard to get the kids centered in all the pictures especially when it takes me five to ten minutes to just get them all in the shot.
We did a lot in Epcot. One of the nicest things we got to do I have no pictures of. It was Mother's Day while we were in Epcot and Ryan took Vickie and I to Japan and let us Pick a Pearl. You choose an oyster they open it, clean it, size it, and show it to you. Vickie got a gold colored pearl and I got a blue toned pearl. Our pearls seemed to match us pretty well. It was fun and a nice memory to have with my mother-in-law. Later that evening we went back to the Wilderness Lodge because we had a dinner reservation. We had another wait but it was worth it.
The kids got to ride stick ponies and have races around the room.